Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Becoming Jane


As much as I love all things Jane Austen, you would think I would have seen Becoming Jane when it first came out in the movie theaters. Well, I cannot remember the last time I actually was at a movie theater.... Shrek the Third maybe?! Yikes!

So, I decided to finally buy this movie and oh, I loved it! Now I see why she wrote happy endings. Anya and I watched it all weekend long on my mini-dvd player in my office. I love to work and listen to movies, expecially Jane Austen movies. I've read all the books a hundred times and watched the movies two hundred times so I don't need to actively watch them while I work.

And, yes, I have a 3 1/2-year-old who loves Jane Austen movies! How lucky am I? When we went to buy this movie the clerk asked Anya which was her favorite Jane Austen movie... as if he didn't believe me when I said she loves them. She looked up at him with her big blue eyes and said very simply, "Northanger Abbey," which is a very obscure BBC tv movie from the 80s. He asked her if she liked Pride & Prejudice and she told him she liked the BBC version the best. That's my girl! ;-)

Poor thing. I've probably set her up so that she'll never accept any man who's "less worthy" than Mr. Darcy. Good for her!
~ Kelly


No comments: